cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of DSO for a standard cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new in BI modeling area & looking for help from you experts. What I have to do is , I need to create a DSO for a standard Cube 0PS_CS01.

In this I am doing is to take that data source which is in BI content for this Cube and from there I am extracting data fields and keyfields. Once this DSO is ready I will create update rules from this standard Data source to this newly created to DSO and after that I will create Update rules for Cube based on this DSO.

Can you guys help me to find the best way to collect keyfields & data fields based on the data source. Also suggest me if it is the right way to design data model fot the same as I desribed above.

All helpful replies will be appriciated with points.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Sincerely,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jone

You have got infoObject in the cube and R/3 fields in Data source. You have to check which R/3 field is correspondent to which BW infoObject.You can check the description and further information of DS field in the T-code SE14.

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripple K,

Thanks for the Hint,My problem is how to decide which is a keyfield & data field from a DS which is for a standard cube(not for DSO) . How can I create DSO based on that existing DS.

Please explain. Thank you very much.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

1>double click on cube(0PS_CS01) --copy all characteristics(these will be key fields in DSO).

DSO only take 16 key fields so rest will go under data fields.most unique 16 fields will go under key fields.

2.all the keyfigues will go under data fields of DSO.

change settings and activate DSO.create transformations between (DSO and DS) and ( DSO and CUBE);

Hope this helps.

if you need further info just check these two 0FIAP_C03(cube) and 0FIAP_O03(DSO).compare the characteristics and key figure with the key fields and data fields respectively.you will get good idea.

in the above cube the data flow is like DS-DSO-CUBE