Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure - Table (Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A structure contains a few fields & this gets populated when we it is called. In SE11 / SE12, i can view this structure. I would like to know, from which table is a particular field being taken from. Is there anyway i can link the field in the structure to the table from which it is being taken? Hope my question is clear, await inputs.

Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

There is no other easy way except doing where used list to get the details about the fields in the structure.

Regards,

Atish

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

There is no other easy way except doing where used list to get the details about the fields in the structure.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hi Atish,

A where-used list is checking for the Structure, but not the particular field. I am checking for Structure SZA1_D0100, Field AD_SMTPADR. When i select this line & click where-used, it is checking for the entire structure & not this field. Is there anyway i can only check for this particular field?

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Double click on the data element of the field. It will take you to the data element, now do the where used list and select table-fields.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Table ADR6 is the table for E-mail ID,

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hi Atish,

Thanks for that input. I hope an outer join between LFA1-ERDAT & ADR6-DATE_FROM, will give me all the email id's of Vendors stored in Vendor Master or should i make it an inner join?

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can't query using date only. To query ADR6 you need address number and personnel number, first get that based on the vendor number.

I am not sure as what is the link between them.

Post another query on SDN regarding this and someone will definately help you.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hi Atish,

Managed to solve the problem with your assistance. As mentioned by you, i need to link the address number in both the tables & that gives me the result.

But about the Structure - Table, when I double click on a particular field & do a where-used, it does not give me an option for checking in database tables, I only get [Programs, Screens, Function module interfaces, Classes (definition, implementation), interfaces] as options for selecting.

Vivek