cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoObject PROJECT does not contain alpa-conforming value xxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I activate new BI 7.0 business content for 0PROJECT (info object and rules) to update the previous existing version. I can run the 0PROJECT_TEXT just fine but when I try to load the project attributes I get the alpha-conforming message from the transfer rules.

Is there a note for that somewhere? I looked but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Suzanne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The conversion box in the transfer rules was not checked off for 0project and 0project_ex once that was done and re-activated it worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is comming because the value which is comming from data source is not alpha numeric. Either you remove alpha conversion or edit the incomming value fromDS.

Rewad points if useful.

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that but the conversion routine on both the project attribute and text datasources is exactly the same yet it works for the text but not the attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suzanne

You are able to load Text because no conversion routine is specified for Text.

For the attribute alpha conversion is specified which means it will accept only alpha numeric values.

If you are sure that data which is comming from DS should be accepted by BW in this maneer than just do one thing.

Remove alpha conversion from the infoObject and activate it again, it will work fine.

If you don't want to do this than edit the data in PSA and make sure that data has only charac and numeric value. no special character.

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where does it specify that the attributes need a conversion routine? I don't see it in the transfer rules...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in InfoObject general Tab Page...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the general tab - it says alpha but then it did before I updated the object with business content. I did find on the transfer rules a check box under Conversion all the way to the right of the transfer rules, it was not checked off so I did that and activated. I was sure this would fix the problem but it's still giving me the same message!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message the next time it failed was for a different object, I checked off the conversion box for that object and now it's running fine.

Thanks

Suzanne