cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linkk to files location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have internal links in my KM that points to other KM documents.

Is there a way to know the location of internal links to a file?

Lets say i want to move this file to another location and i want to update all the internal link that point to it - is there a way to do it easily by getting location of all links to this file first?

Thanks,

Moti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this blog, its saying the we can use the URL for a Doc like https://myportal.wdf.sap.corp:50003/irj/go/km/docs/guid/d0510964-df25-2810-22aa-e0290eb4505, works even if we move/change the file/folder.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2571

(this blog is older one but you can get some idea)

regards

sreeni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your reply.

Although your answers are helpful, i still need an option to know where are internal links to a document are located.

A user in my company want to move a document to the same location where an intrernal link to this document is located, and then delete the internal link.

Since she doesn't remember where exactly the internal link is located but she knows where the document is located, she wants to know if there is an option to know where the internal link to the document is located.

Hope there is an option to get this kind of data

Thanks,

Moti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moti,

in my mind it has no effect to the links when moving files. All links refer to the original document after moving.

The link refers to the GUID of the documnet, and the GUID is a unique id for a document.

So you have no problems when moving a file, all links will work...

When you wnat to get the path to the document of a link, you can see that in the properties of the link.

Bye Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Moti,

>

> in my mind it has no effect to the links when moving

> files. All links refer to the original document after

> moving.

It depends. This is only the case for internal links of type "flexlink". These kinds of links are only supported in the CM repository manager, and only work between resources in the same repository.

> The link refers to the GUID of the documnet, and the

> GUID is a unique id for a document.

That's an implementation detail and not generally true.

> ...

Best regards, Julian