Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent req. Reagrding ALE & IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to develop an Interface to transfer the FI Cost Center groups and Profit Center groups data from one client to other.

I have started with ALE configuration and executing the RBDMIDOC program with standard message types (COGRP1 & COGRP6) in ABAP Editor, when I execute with these message types there is no response or any message.

Does my question make some sense? am I following the correct method or is there any other way?

Please give me a solution or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it's a one time shot, you can transfer them using those tcodes mentioned... but you're probably going to want changes to those Groups ALE'd following the initial transfer - you will need to activate change pointers..

then, schedule RBDMIDOC to create IDocs based on those change pointers & RSEOUT00 to send those Idocs out to the respective destinations.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude

Program RBDMIDOC is for Change Pointers.....

Use Tcode BD16 to send cost center.

Regards

Srikanth M

0 Kudos

Srikant,

thanks for the reply.

BD16 is to send the Cost center data.

but my Q is about <b>Cost Center Group</b> and <b>Profit Center group</b>, when we execute RBDMIDOC program with the message types (COGRP1, COGRP6), I don't see any responce, why is it so?

when we execute this program with COSMAS (message type for Cost Center master) then we get information that IDocs are generated.

Please reply.

Thanks,

RV

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check BD59/69 for your message type is assigned to your custom message type.

IF not add those entries and try to retrigger the RBDMIDOC.

Regards,

Baburaj

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check in BD50 and BD61 transaction and select the message type

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it's a one time shot, you can transfer them using those tcodes mentioned... but you're probably going to want changes to those Groups ALE'd following the initial transfer - you will need to activate change pointers..

then, schedule RBDMIDOC to create IDocs based on those change pointers & RSEOUT00 to send those Idocs out to the respective destinations.

0 Kudos

Rob,

thanks for the reply.

I had already sent all <b>cost center groups</b> and <b>profit center groups</b> for once, now I need to <b>send only the changes</b> what I made from now on.

So, what is the procedure?

I activated change pointers generally in BD61 and then activated change pointers for message types in BD50.

Cost Center Group (COGRP1)

Profit Center Group (COGRP6)

and still this is not working,

any idea why these are not working for change pointers?

Thanks,

RV

0 Kudos

Hi

You can go to BD52 and check if the fields that you are changing are attached to change pointers or not.

Also, chk change pointer table BDCP/BDCPS to check whether there is an entry for your change for not.

thanks

Mridula

0 Kudos

hi..

As per ur Post..

1. You have configured the Basic ALE Settings (Partner profiles etc..)

2. You have configured Change pointers for these message types. (BD50, BD61)

3. Now you have to Change the Profit Center group data using the respective Transaction

And Similarly Cost center group also..

4. If everything is fine then It should Create the Change pointer entries in Tables BDCP , BDCPS.

So first check these tables.

5. Then Execute the program RBDMIDOC. this will generate the Idocs from change pointers.

6. goto Tcode WE05 To see the IDOC status.

<b>Reward if Helpful</b>