cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TutWD_FlightBooking - doesn't write to SBOOK table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deployed this webdynpro and launched it in the browser. I have even gotten the success message. However, no record in the underlying SBOOK table is created (no COMMIT). I can write directly to the table from within SAPGUI of course. I suspect one of the BAPIs is failing, but not sure which one. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Have you used the tutorial as it is and then tried running it. If so check what values you are passing to the BAPI. Always remember that pass the values in CAPS. If you send it as small it doesnt get converted when passed to SAP.

regs

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, it seems like validations are not being passed through RFC connection. The suspect BAPI seems to be BAPI_FLBOOKING_CREATEFROMDATA and it works fine within SE37 in SAPGUI.

Internally, however, the following error message is being generated when launched from Webdynpro:

"No instance of object type FlightBooking has been created. External reference: J"

I think J stands for Java, but that doesn't really help. So, standard debugging is not of much help here.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Well as steve said one problem would be that you are passing the values in small and that could create problems.

Well regarding your case you could do a external debug into ABAP from Webdynpro so that you can check what values are passed into ABAP. But you should have SAP running on 4.7 Enterprise for External debugging to work.

To work with debugging. Login to SAP using the user that you have mentioned while creating JCO connections in the Web Content Administrator.

Then just go to the relevant BAPI in SAP using transaction SE37.

From Menu select Utilities --> Settings and in that select the debugging tab and then enter the username that you have configured your JCO with. Dont select IP checkbox.

Now just say ok and come out. In the bapi now set a breakpoint and you will get a popup. Select External Breakpoint in that popup.

Now compile your WebDynpro and run it. When the bapi call comes control is automatically gone to the BAPI and now you can start debugging in ABAP and see if you are getting the right values from Webdynpro.

There is also a tutorial on debugging in ABAP from Webdynpro. Go through that if u have clarifications.

Here is the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/de... abap code from within web dynpro applications.pdf

Hope that helps.

regards

Ravi