Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Cad Integration- Solid Edge and Solid Works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had the following questions related to CAD Integration:

1. I have my CAD files saved in working directory. I create DIR for them from CDESK (Cad View - Create Document) and want to rename the files as Document Number_Document Description. How can I achieve the same. Again, I want to do the same from CDESK (CAD VIEW)

2. On Solid Edge CAD integration, I have noticed sometimes when I register the DLL's the 'User/System Preferences from SAP-PLM' on Solid Edge side does not pop up. Can someone tell me what might be the reason and how to fix it. Also if I already registered the DLL's and want to clean them (remove them), so that to try to register DLL's again, where can I go to remove them from Windows registery file

3. In Solis Edge is it necessary to check in and check out the SEC application (representing .cfg ) in SEA document type. I have noticed if I have the .cfg in my working directory and I check in SEA without .cfg and if some other person checks out the SEA, the .cfg gets created for him on the fly in his working directory.

Thanks in advance,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

The SAP PLM menu is there in SE. Also in the sub-menu I can see 'User System Preference' but some how when I click 'User System Preferences', it seems nothing happen-it does not pop up. Rest all the other Sub Menu work fine, pop up without any problem.

Also where can I find SE--addin. I can see it on Solid Work side, not on solid edge side.

Thanks for the help.

Sachin

stefan_rhrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

sorry but I don't know, why the pop-up doesn't appear.

Perhaps you contact cideon or send an OSS note.

The SE-Addins are located in the Menu "Applications"->"Add-Ins".

Stefan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for the answer:

By User system I mean SAP PLM Integration --- User System Preferences pop up which comes from inside Solid Edge, where I do the configs, somehow it does not pop up.

Do I delete the registery under gedas and try registering the patches again on Interface side.

Thanks,

Sachin

stefan_rhrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

is the complete menu "SAP PLM Integration" invisible, or

only the menuitem "User System Preferences" ?

Or does nothing happen, when you click on then menuitem "User System Preferences" ?

Please have a look on the "SolidEdge - Addin-Manager". Is the checkbox "&SAP PLM Integration" checked ?

Stefan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Stefan for the useful answer. I awarded you points. Sometimes User/System Preferences from SAP PLM does not open on SE, even if I am registering the dll's first time. Where in the registery I can go and remove the registered stuff and try registering again.

I am clueless why I loose User/System Preferences - it just does not pop up.

Thanks,

Sachin

stefan_rhrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

the registry-keys for SoliEdge (including Menu, Symbols, etc) are under

HCU\Software\Unicraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\

the keys for gedas under

HCU\Software\gedas\

Can you explan, what "User/System Preferences from SAP PLM" means ?

The SolidEdge-Menu-Entries, the icons in the symbol-bar,...?

Stefan.

stefan_rhrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

1. please have a look at and implement note 645365 - "CDESK: Attaching Solid Edge .cfg file when creating doc.".

2. If you registered the DLL's once and you want to update them, you only have to copy and replace the old ones with the new ones. You do not have to un-register the old ones.

The problem with the disappearing Menu-Items or symbols can only be solved by restoring the SolidEdge-Registry-Path...

3. You can only checkout the CFG-Files if you use the CAD-Desktop.

You have to add the WSAPPL SEC (*.cfg) to the applications in the CDESK_CUS.

(CHECKIN, CHECKOUT and COPY)

Stefan.