Account Assignment in 3KEH table
I am assigning the following set of accounts to 3KEH table. I want to make sure that my assignments are correct.
1. Cash & cash equivalents Assigned
2. Accounts receivable/Payable reconciliation accounts Not Assigned
3. Allowances for doubtful accounts Assigned
4. Inventory Accounts Not Assigned
5. Asset Accounts Not Assigned
6. LIFO reserve Assigned
7. Other current & long term assets/Prepaid accounts Assigned
8. Payroll Payable accounts Assigned
9. Taxes & other liabilities Assigned
10. Equity Accounts Assigned
11. All P& L accounts All are Not Assigned including amortization, COGS, manufacturing & clearing accounts
I am not sure whether my assignments to 3KEH are correct. Would appreciate if someone could tell me if I have gone wrong, or what I should take care while assigning.
Also, is it necessary to maintain derivation for finding the profit center, for all the accounts maintained in 3KEH table? If so, what is the rule generally followed?
Thanks for your help,
Message was edited by:
Your assignments in 3KEH are fine
No need for P&L accounts - refer to my previous clarification on this
You can maintain derivation rules to find profit centers. You hv few options to find default profit center. It could be combination of valuation area, business etc
It is not necessary to maintain derivation rules for profit centers.
In version 6 PCA accounting is taken care thru document splitting a new feature of GL