Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling idoc acknowledgements inside BPM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario like this

File - >XI BPM -> SAP (idoc)

after posting idoc into sap ALEAUD idoc will be triggered for sending acknowledgements back to XI

ALEAUD SAP->XI BPM -> email

I have activated application acknowledgement in the send step of BPM and also cofigured ALEAUD idoc in the SAP, it is working fine I could able to see the acknowlegement back from SAP system in SXMB_MONI. But my requirement is to read the acknowledgement messsage back in XI and if there are any errors during idoc posting I should send that error message as an email . I tried configuring reciever determination as follows

Sender SAP

sender interface ALEAUD

reciever XIBPM

reciever interface ALEAUD

But this also didn't work, I am not seeing any message transferred between SAP and XI for ALEAUD idoc . I referred SAP how to do docs for handling idoc acknowlegement and also looked into some forum discussion but nothing helped. Is there anyway to read the acknowledgement messsage in the BPM?

If anyone had come across such kind of scenario please help me.

Thanks,

Jayanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JAYANTH,

I had faced this problem,

We didn't find any solution to this problem,

I'm using XI 3 SP16 and as much as i know in this level there is no way to solve this problem,

I'd open a message to SAP about it and they tell me that it will be solved in the future,

What is your sp level?

Is there anyone who solve this problem?

Best regards,

Guza

0 Kudos

hi guza,

We are using XI 7.0 with service pack 11.

Any idea whether SAP has given any solution for this?

Thanks

Jayanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayanth,

Can you see your ALEAUD idoc in WE05 in your SAP system?

Also did you imported idoc metadata in XI. Just check your idoc configuration in R/3 and XI system.

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I could able to see the ALEAUD idoc in SAP. Also I have imported the ALEAUD idoc metadata in XI and did the necessary configurations but still I am not seeing any message transfer between SAP and XI.

But in the acknowledgement message I am seeing the ALEAUD idoc in XI. Is there any way to read that acknowledgement message in BPM?

Thanks,

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

First please check transaction sm58 in your sap system. Later what you need to do is create a correlation between idoc and your idoc acknowledgment in your bpm. The last part can be even impossible.

by the way, why are you using bpm wouldn't it be much simpler to create such scenario without bpm:

you will have 2 communication ways:

1)

file->xi->idoc

2)

idoc ack->xi->email (here is receviver determination you can put some condition e.g. status)

best,

wojciech

Message was edited by:

Wojciech Gasiorowski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you see if messages are stuck in queue in application server.....TC : SM58

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Hi Gasio,

I checked SM58 nothing got stuck in that queue. Moreover I am explaining part of my BPM steps actually this is not the exact steps involved in BPM, lots of validation and data extractions are done prior to idoc send step.

I am getting positive acknowledgement from SAP . I am seeing the idoc message in the acknowledgement payload. My question is how to read the content of acknowledgement message in BPM.

I have created correlation between idoc and acknowledgement idoc in the BPM as shown below

Recieve file

Transform to idoc

Send step ( idoc )

Recieve (ALEAUD idoc)

But the process is waiting in the recieve step.

Thanks

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you set acknowledgment to "none" in your send step?

best,

wojciech

0 Kudos

Hi Gaso,

I tried giving acknowledgement none in the send step. During the message transfer between XI and SAP, the acknowledgement icon is not coming in sxmb_moni. But when I trigger ALEAUD idoc from SAP to XI, the system is setting up the acknowledgement icon automatically.

To give more clarity ALEAUD idoc transfer between SAP and XI is not showing in SXMB_MONI normally like other idocs.

Thanks,

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such case maybe try to switch off that with program:

IDX_NOALE

It possible that than idoc will be treated like normal message.

best,

wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jayanth,

This is little strange...can you see idoc in SAP XI.

You can check that using TC: IDX5

Nilesh