Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to help.sap.com :

‘The delivery package for SAP MDM includes adaptors for the following application systems:

• SAP R/3 4.6C

• SAP R/3 Enterprise

• CRM 3.1 (for business partners only)

• CRM 4.0

• SRM 3.0 (for products only)

Adaptors for other application systems are to be implemented on a project basis.’

1. Is there a list of all application systems for which adaptors have been implemented available?

2. I have understood that as long as the application system can provide XML messages MDM can get information from the respective system (integrate). Is it right ?

Thank you,

Mihai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am part of a ramp-up customer project for MDM. We have already had to do some of this kind of analysis for just our blueprinting phase. Markus is right on track with his response. We are looking into to using MDM with other non-SAP systems, and as Markus pointed out, at the very least (worst?) to quickly interface XI with these, a simple file adaptor is quite the easy solution.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For those interested,

The discussion on adaptors is going on in the <i>Exchange Infrasructure</i> forum.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your fast response !

So if there is no XI adaptor for a certain application MDM can not communicate with the respective application.

Is it difficult to develop an XI adaptor ?

Best regards,

Mihai

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mihai,

Since XI also provides File/FTP adaptors, I think it is very flexible and open for many kinds of application systems. So I think there is no imminent need to develop a new adaptor.

But anyway, for detailed information on XI adaptors, please check the XI Developers Area, or the Service Marketplace.

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Question 1 I just found out the answer.

There is a list on https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/xi

Mihai

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mihai,

SAP MDM includes Exchange Infrastructure (XI) as the central instance for inbound (from client system to MDM) and outbound (from MDM to client system) data distribution. XI supports several communication protocols. Among others, these are XML, RFC, SOAP or IDoc. So finally, the enabler of communication between MDM and the client application systems are the existing XI adaptors and not the ability of the application system to directly provide XML messages. For further information on all available XI adaptors, please check the XI forum.

Kind regards,

Markus