Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to evaluate performance

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SE30 we have 3 componants called ABAP,Database and System.What is the upper limits of theses?

If in my program---

ABAP = 74.5%

Database = 2.4%

Systems = 23.2%

-

Total = 100%

Then how good is my program? How can I evaluate my program after this report? What are the performances parameters?

Help needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The <b>SE30 Run Time Analysis</b> displays the total runtime required for

The ABAP interpreter

The database

System statements.

With the ABAP and system statements, a green bar indicates that the corresponding statements required less than 50% of the total runtime. A red bar indicates that one of the statement categories required more than 50% of the total runtime. With the database operations, a red bar appears if this category required more than 25% of the total runtime.

So we shall try to see that all are in green ie lessen ABAP percentage in your case. To do this we have tips and tricks in se80 itself on the application toolbar.

The <b>Tips & Tricks</b> function in the runtime analysis tool contains a series of source code examples intended to illustrate efficient programming. For each problem, it presents two possible solutions, and compares their respective runtimes. The results enable you to see which solution is more efficient.

So follow these trips and tricks and reduce the time n increase the efficiency.

Thanks,

Aleem.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best suggestion I have is to use several metrics gathered using several transactions :

1. st05 - Using st05 you can get the total number of sql ( and sap table buffer) request and the number of rows fetched. When you open the trace, don't filter it by application name, that way you can also see the work done by rfc calls and update processes if such were called by your application.

2. st04 - Then using st04 you can get the logical i/o count at the database level.

3. se30 - Using se30 you can check whether the previous database metrics reflect most of the actual work done by your application. If most of the runtime is spent at the abap or system level, you will have to investigate further using other abap tools.

regards,

srinivas

<b>*reward for useful answers*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

The <b>SE30 Run Time Analysis</b> displays the total runtime required for

The ABAP interpreter

The database

System statements.

With the ABAP and system statements, a green bar indicates that the corresponding statements required less than 50% of the total runtime. A red bar indicates that one of the statement categories required more than 50% of the total runtime. With the database operations, a red bar appears if this category required more than 25% of the total runtime.

So we shall try to see that all are in green ie lessen ABAP percentage in your case. To do this we have tips and tricks in se80 itself on the application toolbar.

The <b>Tips & Tricks</b> function in the runtime analysis tool contains a series of source code examples intended to illustrate efficient programming. For each problem, it presents two possible solutions, and compares their respective runtimes. The results enable you to see which solution is more efficient.

So follow these trips and tricks and reduce the time n increase the efficiency.

Thanks,

Aleem.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi frend,

ABAP memory must be as high as possible so as to reduce load on database and system.

In ur program, u can evaluate this in debugger by setting break-point as different points and check response time in debugger and surely u may understand the thing.

Regards,

Ameet

0 Kudos

thanks

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

solved