cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start a guided procedure process through offline interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a standalone offline interactive form for a GP process. but when i click on the submit button, it gave me general error..

May i know what are the necessary things that i need to configure or create in order to be able to start a new guided procedure process when i click on the submit button from the offline interactive form..

Thanks,

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188702
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

If you are definiitely using GP as your process workflow layer,offline form submission can take place only through the following channels

1.HTTP

2.SMTP

This link should make it clearer.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/30/32c2331c47420796861c1bca26f21e/frameset.htm

Message was edited by:

Karthik S J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply..

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems like submitting offline form to a mailbox, and having a gp adapter to monitor the mailbox is the way to trigger a gp process with offline form..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

I've seen the blogs and tutorials before.. But they don't seems to have the guides that i need..

My Scenario is like this..

The user has a standalone offline interactive form.. then the user fill in the data.. after that the user will click on the submit button and it will trigger the start of a new guided procedure process.. i.e. after submitting the form, it will start the review and approving process, which will be the task for the approver..

Is there any guide or tutorial available similar to the above described scenario?

Regards,

Cindy

former_member188702
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

Your scenario seems to be a standard offline process.

Let me attempt to break it down for you:

1.Your offline pdf should have a submit button with the mail url.

2.The mail with the pdf/xdp attachement gets send to the preconfigured mailbox.

3.This mailbox is continously monitored by GP Adapters for any incoming mail.

4.In your design time you create a CO of type Interactive form which is basically your offline form.You also create your GP Process with the review and approving process.

5.Map the parameters of the Offline Interactive form CO to the Process Parameters.

(You should ensure the two have the same structure and number of parameters to make the mapping simpler)

6.So at runtime GP will do the mapping for you and when the approver logs on he sees the data passed from the offline form.

You can also refer this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cc/4a94422386c76ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cc/4a94422386c76ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Kindly award points if found helpful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible that i dont submit the data to the mailbox, and it can still activate the GP process?? Is there any other way of implementing such scenario without involving email?

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope these [original link is broken] [original link is broken] would help you.

Also the blogs from Ginger Gatling in GP will also be helpfull.

Hope this helps.

- anto.