Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Forcing reorg of all tablespaces in SAP? DB2 V9.1

Hello all,

I know I am very new here, and very new to SAP, so any help you can give would be great.

As info...the company I work for is implementing SAP on zLinux (SLES 10) and DB2 V9.1.

Is there any way to force SAP to reorg all of its tablespaces and indexes?

I would like to reorg all of the SAP tablespaces and indexes because our IBM reps say that the built in data compression will save about 50% disk space, and improve performance! However, they also tell us that it will not take effect until after the first reorg. Being that my systems are fresh installs, I dont have any tables or indexes that SAP wants to reorg yet. Does anyone have any ideas on how to "fake" SAP in to thinking tablespaces and indexes need to be reorg'd?

Thanks,

Andy Howard

Former Member
replied

Andy,

This is a coding error, the V9 changes regarding RTS tables have not been taken into account at this stage.

I will respond in the problem ticket as soon as a fix is available.

You can change the thresholds used for StoProc DSNACCOR (DBACockpit - Configuration - DB Alert Settings) to get more recommendations or set column DB2REOTS-NEEDREORG = Y (DB2REOIX-NEEDREORG for indexes) to 'convince' the DB13 process to generate the REORG statements for more TS/IS.

Regards,

Thomas

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question