cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to nest two or more tables in layout of an adobe form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i have the requirement to loop one line item table inside that item conditions table and

item shedule table...

ie say the item no ,description,quantity,uom,price will be printed for each line item and then

all the item conditions will be printed for that item and then the delivery schedule table then again all the three tables for the next line item and so on...

So i have to loop the item condition table and the schedule line table inside the main item table...

in the context part i have done this thing..how to implement this thing in the layout part..

Plis help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a similar requirement that includes nesting of 2 Tables.

Hi McDelta0six

My requirement is exactly the same as yours. And i am also getting the same output. ie. all entries of the inner table are getting displayed under the first item of the outer table.

Did you manage to solve this issue.

I am using Web dynpro Java and Designer 7.0 , NWDS 7.0.13.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

If u want to display in 3 separate tables then declare 3 subforms in your Designer

and set the properties of all the Parent subform and child subform as following :-

For the Parent Subform :-

1 --> set the Layout as <b>Flow Layout (find in pallettes -> object</b> tab<b>)</b>

2 --> set the direction as <b>Table</b>

3 --> check the box for <b>Allow page break within contents</b>

For the Child Subform :-

1 --> set the Layout as <b>Flow Layout (find in pallettes -> object</b> tab<b>)</b>

2 --> set the direction as <b>Table Row</b>

3 --> check the box for <b>Repeat Subform for each data item</b>

4 --> set the <b>Minimum Row Count to 1</b> (in the Binding tab).

then bind the elements to the <Node>.<attribute> in WebDynpro

Do the Same for all the 3 Subforms and bind it to the corresponding Value nodes in your WebDynpro Application.

Hope this Helps u.

Regards,

Poojith M V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Sweta, if I'm right in understanding your task the result you need should look like that:

-

Item 01 Material ABC 10 PC 250 USD/PC

-

Price 200 USD

Discount -10 USD

Taxes 60 USD

-

25.10.2007 3 PC

29.10.2007 3 PC

03.11.2007 4 PC

-

Item 02 Material BCD 20 PC 80 USD/PC

-

Price 60 USD

Taxes 20 USD

-

25.10.2007 10 PC

29.10.2007 10 PC

-

and so on..

And you say, that you included tables with prices and schedules inside items table in context? And can imagine, that you've set "where" parameters there..

So was the result of drag and drop of the items table to the layout not satisfactory after all? As far as I remember Designer 7.1 makes these pretty correct. Only design is not so nice, but logic should be ok.

Am I wrong? Can't connect to dev server to check it right now, will try it later.

Regards,

Petr Perstnev

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sweta,

Do you have the requirement to display all the 3 tables in the same table or in three separate tables????

mrb268
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Poojith M V ,

can you help me?

i have 2 tables for a packing list.

they are nested in the context and the inner table with the positions has an where clause.

in the layout, i have defined a table with two headerlines one dataline and one datasection.

in the dataline i want to display some fields out of the outer table.

in the datasection, i defined a table with two datalines, in which i want to display fields of the inner table.

i did the bindings in every table, line and field as learned in BC480.

now i have the following problem.

if i set the trace level to 4 and watch the .XDP file, everything is right.

it looks like this:

PAL 1

--POS 20

---TEXT

PACK 2

--POS 10

--TEXT

--POS 50

---TEXT

PACK 3

--POS 30

---TEXT

--POS 40

---TEXT

but the form output looks like this:

PAL 1

--POS 20

---TEXT

--POS 10

---TEXT

--POS 30

---TEXT

PACK 2

PACK 3

1. I don´t understand why all entries of the inner table where displayed under the first item of the outer table - i set to the first tabel and to the second, loop at all entries.

2. i don´t understand where the items 50 and 40 are.

has anybody a suggestion?

thanks in advance

mcdelta0six

Message was edited by:

McDelta0six

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Poojith,

I used 3 different tables...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am not clear about the datasection part..but what i suggest you use subforms for displaying ur tables ..u will have better control..create flowed subform for first table and bind it with the same then craete another flowed table for the row..check repeat for each item checkbox and bind it with data of this table...another position content subform and add your fields and bind the same..beneath this subform create another subform and bind it with the second table and also create a subform for row of this table and bind with the data of this second table ...add your field for the second table and bind the same...

all these subforms are flowed content....so they will be displayed as they are in the layout...do this and you will get the correct display..this worked in my case....

mrb268
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for you answer,

but it´s still the same problem.

mrb268
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello sweta,

do you have a solution now?

i have two forms with nested tables.

one form works fine, but the second not.

is it bug from the ads?