cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.7 Enterprise installation error on SQL 2005 / Win 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install R/3 4.7 enterprise on SQL 2005 ( enterprise ) / Win 2003, as standalone server, installed the central instance, trying to install the DB instance and having the following error -

MDB-05039 unable to stop server "orcsapdvc": this server has been disconnected. you must reconnect to perform the operation

MDB-05034 call to a threaded function returned "1"

Any body has any clue , please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please try to reinstall the SQL Server client by using the

Setup\sqlncli.msi package?

The problem may result from the fact that MSSQL Server client tools are

not installed on the CI. Please use the MS SQL Server installer

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the similar issue, but it is not working even after doing the mentioned steps.

Can you please help me out if you have any other points to be checked for the same.

Regards,

Naresh.

0 Kudos

It seems that this error happens during changing location and size of tempdb files of MS SQL server. I solved this problem:

- I found string 'tempdb' in keydb.xml file of installation directory

- I replaced CDATA[[ERROR]] to CDATA[[OK]] and saved the file

- I started SQL services

- I retry the installation step (click on button Retry)

- I checked location of tempdb files using SQL Server Management Studio (Databases - System Databases - tempdb - right click - Properties - Files)

Keydb.xml:

<row>

<fld name="STEPKEY">

<strval><![CDATA[SAPSYSTEM_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseServer|windows|ind|mss|ind|ind|0|TempDB|windows|ind|mss|ind|ind|0|dCheckTempDBConfiguration]]>

</strval>

</fld>

<fld name="STATUS">

<strval><![CDATA[[OK]]]>

</strval>

</fld>

Edited by: Radovan Kulin on Sep 4, 2009 12:47 AM

victor_chew
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, has anybody try to manually stop the SQL server/instance when hitting the error and continue with the installation. is there any additional information in installation log ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

anyone got any solution to this problem, i m facing the same problem

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I am installing SAP on a server (application sapinst), and at the stage of DB Instance (Install Database Instance), I get the following error;

ERROR 2008-03-11 12:47:25

MDB-05039 Unable to stop server "produccion4"; error: "This server has been disconnected. You must reconnect to perform this operation."

ERROR 2008-03-11 12:47:25

MDB-05034 Call to a threaded function returned "1".

I can help please, Thanks.

Best regards

Christian Astete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have the same problem and do not know how to resolve it, I can help, thank you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed development and productive system R/3 4.7 enterprise on SQL 2005 ( enterprise ) / Win 2003 correctly. But during the DB instance installation of the third (QA) system on THE SAME platform I got the error:

MDB-05039 unable to stop server "PSQ": this server has been disconnected. you must reconnect to perform the operation

MDB-05034 call to a threaded function returned "1"

I tried to reinstall MS SQL server, but it didn't help.