cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any differences between load data into cube from.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to load data into a infocube from another infocube, first I generated a export datasource from original infocube, next I created a new infocube, then I created a update rule on it, BW give me 3 options: from infosource/ods/infocube, here I can use infosource which is the generated one for sure, my doubt is can I use the 3rd option infocube? seems like ok, if so, what are the differences between these two options?

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi....yes both process are the same...if you use infocube or ODS you dont need to create the export datasource manually....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Thanks again. But BW doesn't allow me to create the update rule if I don't generate a export datasource on the source cube(e.g. zcube1), after I generated the datasource(8zcube1), then I can create the update rule on the target cube. Be aware all description above base on the option of infocube not infosource.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to use third option only ie) infocube , because now infocube acts as a infosource to other cube.

when you are loading to infocube through ods then you have to use second option , because you will generate export datasource of ods when you create a update rule , now ods will acts as a infosource to cube.

when you are loading data to infoprovider (cube or ods) from R/3 or flatfile ,then you will create a infosource and assign datasource and after that when you create a update rule , you have to first option as infosource.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....If you select the third the process try to create an export datasource....after all this option is the same as the first...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, generate a export datasource before the update rule creation, this process is mandatory same as using the way of infosource(8cube_name), my question is that if both way can get same result, why SAP give these two options?

Regards

Ryan