cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Draw Procedure and Sampling Procedure Quantities Match?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to set up an inspection plan where one item is taken from each container and combined into 1 pooled sample. The items in the containers are in eaches and the number may vary from container to container. Think 5 buckets filled with pebbles. I want to end up with a pooled sample that is a total quantity of 5, total containers to sample is 5 and sample size per container is 1.

On my inspection plan, my Sampling Procedure is set for a fixed sample size of 1.

The number of buckets may vary from shipment to shipment, so my Draw Procedure is set to have the number of primary samples be P2. However, when I set the number of pooled samples to 1, I end up with sampling instructions that say to take 0.2 pebbles from each of 5 buckets.

I can set up the Draw Procedure to only have Primary Samples and my sampling instructions will show 5 primary samples but it will not indicate that they should be taken 1 per container.

Setting my fixed sample size to 5 solves this particular problem but as my material may arrive in 6 containers next time, it is not a long term solution.

It seems to me that I need to be able to set my sample size to also vary based on the number of containers. I can't do that using a pebble to bucket conversion, as this is not a constant number. Ideally I would like a Sampling Procedure with a sample size of P2.

Is there a way to create a Sampling Procedure that varies based on the number of containers received? Or is there another option?

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve this by using Sampling Determination "300-Sample schema" If require modify Function Module "QDRS_SAMPLING_PLAN_SAMPLE"

Thanx!!