cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping and combining multiple rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Imaging the following case From R/3 every week to different customers 10 different products# are sold..If no new idem is sold for customer no new record is generated for this customer. For example -Source file:

CustID     product #sold        number items
1                1                     5
1                2                     2
1                3                     3
3                2                     7
4                1                    30
……………………………….

In this case for custID 2 no sales were generated this week so no record exists in the text file. This file must be submitted to a partner for analysis in the following structure:

Cust ID  product 1   product 2   product 3….
1           5            2          3
3                        7
4          30
……………………………………….

It is going to be text file structure after xi mapping and will be. Both files are fixed so each record and field has fixed positions predetermined.

How would be the mapping in XI performed the best in this case..?Is using BMP necessary in this case or it could be avoided…and if yes how…?Looks like mapping program must be created. I appreciate any input…The easy way is the better way..Of course I would like to handle some errors as well.

Do i need any conversions in inbound/outbound File Adapter and what kind of if yes…?Thanks

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jon,

As said by Aamir we needed input /output structure in order to suggest for mapping.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thank you for replying!

It is not Idoc.I am going to send the output via email with more details, please take a look and let me know as soon as you can .Highly appreciate your input and looking forward to it...Thanks!

Jon S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>I am going to send the output via email with more details,

you mean you have a File to mail scenario ?

you are pulling up the data from SAP system via File adapter and then you have to do the proper mapping and then send this file to the partner via email,is my understanding right?

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for your fast reply..No it is file to file , not to email.check your email.All details are there..Pls let me know what you think and if you could help..Thanks much!

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

thanx ,i got it ,but its a request to somehow try to upload this in SDN as well,there are loadz of other experts who will be willing to help you,also it helps others in future.

just paste the sender and receiver data type in your thread.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Great I am definetly willing to upload them..I just dont see a way to do it because they are big excel files...That is way I thing the most important matter will be to understant the what is the principal in the case above...If I can do the mappings in the example that I posted above - I can do the mappings on the doc i've sent...It it will work the same way , just a bit more fields to play with...Agree?

thanks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

to clearify - It is a File to File case and File Adapter.Program pull up the sap data from tables and place them in file somewhere on server so Xi can pick the file and process it..For Output Xi will do similar - will place new structure generated single file ready to be picked up by partner...Again file adapter is needed...

Let me know if other details and clarifications are needed..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir,

And for everyone - here is the conclusion I am making afer going trough different option..If you can ask your Sender to supply you with structure that matches 1:1 the Receiver structure - will be the perfect approach.! Mapping will be very easy and no need of additional work will be required.

Other than that if Sender str is very much different from Receiver -you most probably must write UDF which can make things a little more complicated...That is how I approached the case described above.

Thanks Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>case From R/3 every week to different customers 10 different products# are sold

this means you are sending some values from R/3 to your partner,now this sender file,will this be an IDOC ?if yes,then which IDOC,if its gonna be a Flat file then can you provide us with the structure of the sender data type.

also it will be helpful if you can send the receiver data structure as well

Until now i dont see any need of BPM,it can be handled in message mapping but i can be more sure once i get the source and target data structure.

Thanx

Aamir