Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mapping and combining multiple rows

Hi,

Imaging the following case From R/3 every week to different customers 10 different products# are sold..If no new idem is sold for customer no new record is generated for this customer. For example -Source file:

CustID     product #sold        number items
1                1                     5
1                2                     2
1                3                     3
3                2                     7
4                1                    30
……………………………….

In this case for custID 2 no sales were generated this week so no record exists in the text file. This file must be submitted to a partner for analysis in the following structure:

Cust ID  product 1   product 2   product 3….
1           5            2          3
3                        7
4          30
……………………………………….

It is going to be text file structure after xi mapping and will be. Both files are fixed so each record and field has fixed positions predetermined.

How would be the mapping in XI performed the best in this case..?Is using BMP necessary in this case or it could be avoided…and if yes how…?Looks like mapping program must be created. I appreciate any input…The easy way is the better way..Of course I would like to handle some errors as well.

Do i need any conversions in inbound/outbound File Adapter and what kind of if yes…?Thanks

Jon

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hey

thanx ,i got it ,but its a request to somehow try to upload this in SDN as well,there are loadz of other experts who will be willing to help you,also it helps others in future.

just paste the sender and receiver data type in your thread.

Thanx

Aamir

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question