cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta selection question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This is a concept question and must be obvious to most people but I thought I will confirm that.

If a datasource allows selection option which is delta enabled, I select a certain set of data from a delta. (Ex. I use company code US10 for selection records which has company code US10, US20, US30, US40). Now for the next set of delta, only those records which are new or have changed will be available. In a situation where I want to bring records from pervious delta with company code US20 what should I do.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....ok .... a very simple example.....if you have company code US10 and make an init then you would bring the old data for US10 company to the moment and no other companies...the you can make delta loads and you would have the new records for US10...then after a few months you want to load US20 deltas ... then...you need to make an initialization for US20 only...in that moment you would bring tha data for US20 to the moment...after that the delta load changes automatically (when you load delta you dont set parameters, they are taken from initialization parameters) then the delta brings automatically data from US10 and US20 ...and every delta you load you would bring data from both at the same time

I hope this helps you...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first delta will bring data only for the selected initialization and you need to do for the second one and delta will work for the union of the two delta inits. In your case you can do the second init for the second company code, but in case of number ranges, you need to make sure you don't overlap numbers when you do multiple inits.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting little confused with the wordings. Can you use company code to make it simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZSI05!!!

You have done initialization for US10 already and you need to do another initialization for US20 and pull delta. When you pull delta after US20 initialization, it will pull delta for both US10 and 20, that is what I mean unions.

Let me know if you still have some doubt.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a 2 different delta initializations for the selection conditions ( company code US10 and US20 )..and then delta from their onwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer but ...

Why US10. I already got that from the previous delta.