I have a question regarding batch, regarding calculating
minimum remaining shelf life and using it as a selection criteria
1. My scenario is such that i cannot maintain, total shelf life,
minimum shelf life etc in material master record (plant data/stor)
2. batch header (msc1n) are created manually , ie while doing GR by
rf and populating char values which were previuosly captured in ztables.
2. Get expiration date from vendors or from production ( we use
legacy system and no pp) and create batch header record and enter the
expiration date for the batch
3. earlier we used ztbles for batch values and are proposing to use class 23 with char values
4. in selection class for batch determination, is there any way of
getting minimum remaining shelf life and use it for selecting batches
5. I do not want First expiration first out, i want FIFO, ie if i can put sled on char and i can pull batches based on FEFO, but i am looking for FIFO.
if i use any char in batch class for all the batches, say for
example i have three batches each with remaining shelf life say 50 days, 65
days and 80 days, ( based on my expiry day that i get from batch
header and todays date) which i popuate when creating the batch, if i use that char value in batch determination to pick based on the char values rem shelf life > 45 days, thensearch would give me all three batches, if i do batch search say 27 days from now, again it would give all three batches instead of giving me only thethird batch, so i cannot use that for pulling batches.
Any suggestions how i can approach this problem and sort batches
based on minimum remaining shelf life