Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSECADMIN Tracing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need to know how to perform a trace using RSECADMIN. I know we have to trace the users but what i want to know is,What all objects would it trace? Would it work as su53 for when we are working in Bex?

Would it trace when you are working in Bex? Would it trace only the customized objects or would it also trace the standard objects? How do we activate the trace?

How can we Display the log of the trace and how do we switch off the trace?

Please help me find any kind of documentation that is available on RSECADMIN.

Thank you

"Points will be awarded"

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

There are different ways to run the trace depending on what you need.

Example from a previous post (/message/3019556#3019556 [original link is broken]😞

id you execute the trace as below-

goto RSECADMIN >Analysis>Execution as User -->enter the user name you are executing the query

Check box -->with Log option

select RSRT option

hit start transaction button ,it should show you the authoriztion errors with authorization objects missed.

if not

again RSECADMIN>Analysis>Error Logs-->check with the latest time stamp for that particular user and analyse the authorization issues

Here it should give you the exact value trace whats missing in the authorization

Take a look at the following PDF from SAP which has some really good info on analyis authorizations and RSECADMIN: /message/3019556#3019556 [original link is broken]

SU53 will not show you the same results.

Cheers,

Ben