NWDI Switch Track Development Runtime System
I am new to NWDI and have a situation where we need to change the development and test runtime systems on an existing track. I have searched SDN and haven't found as similar thread. I am usure what the full process should be to keep all track states in tact. Based on tests performed on a test track I am thinking of doing the following.
1. Have developers check in all code but not necessarily activate unless they want the changes going to the old development runtime system.
2. Change the development and test runtime systems. At this point I tested doing a restore system state thinking that would force a build and deploy to the new runtime systems but that didn't happen which led to the next step.
3. Have developers check out each DC, make a small change, check in and activate to force all of the code into the new dev runtime system. Then colsolidate and assemble changes to force a deployment to the new test runtime system.
My questions are:
1. Does this sound reasonable or am I doing this the hard way?
2. There are items currently sitting in colsolidation that the developers don't want pushed to test runtime system yet (assembled). What happens to those items when the test runtime system is changed?
3. Should anything sitting in colsolidation be imported and assembled before changing the runtime systems?
4. There was a deployment to the old test runtime system (assembly and import into test) how do I get the new test runtime system in sync with the old test runtime system.