cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Switch Track Development Runtime System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to NWDI and have a situation where we need to change the development and test runtime systems on an existing track. I have searched SDN and haven't found as similar thread. I am usure what the full process should be to keep all track states in tact. Based on tests performed on a test track I am thinking of doing the following.

1. Have developers check in all code but not necessarily activate unless they want the changes going to the old development runtime system.

2. Change the development and test runtime systems. At this point I tested doing a restore system state thinking that would force a build and deploy to the new runtime systems but that didn't happen which led to the next step.

3. Have developers check out each DC, make a small change, check in and activate to force all of the code into the new dev runtime system. Then colsolidate and assemble changes to force a deployment to the new test runtime system.

My questions are:

1. Does this sound reasonable or am I doing this the hard way?

2. There are items currently sitting in colsolidation that the developers don't want pushed to test runtime system yet (assembled). What happens to those items when the test runtime system is changed?

3. Should anything sitting in colsolidation be imported and assembled before changing the runtime systems?

4. There was a deployment to the old test runtime system (assembly and import into test) how do I get the new test runtime system in sync with the old test runtime system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. A restore system state deploys all active components to the runtime system for the involved track stage. For the Development stage this means that changes made in activities that have not been successfully activated will not be deployed to the Development runtime system.

2. Anything that has not been imported into Consolidation will never reach the Test stage, so it's safe to switch the Test runtime system.

3. No, unless you want these changes to be deployed on the Consolidation runtime system. Assembly does not deploy to any system, it just assembles all DC's into an SCA for deployment to Test and Production (after approval).

4. Just perform a Restore System State of the Test stage.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After switching the development and test runtime systems the restore system state did not deploy all active components. We ended up checking out each DC, changing one small thing then checking back in and activating. This was the only way all applications got deployed to the new runtime system.