Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Im having this problem in my query,

Im filtering my query by a date characteristic.

this filter, is a range of a variable.

Then I have 5 columns with a selection

column1: variable +1

column2: variable+2

column3: variable+3

column4: variable+4

column5: variable+5

Each column is giving me the correct results for each year, for instance, if I enter 2007, column 1 will display info for 2007, column 2 for 2008 and so on.

The problem is that Im trying to create a text variable for the title of the column but it keeps giving me an error!, can any body help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error says, you need to define the text variable properly and display it in description of the columns.Normally it appears in bt &&.

Let me know the error.

thanks.

Wond

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pizza girl -

You have to restrict each column with only calendar year for this column header to display the text. When you have a text variable that derives the text from a given characteristic, this characteristic should have unique value in the report output. If it has multiple values, the text variable will just display the technical name which &ZABC&.

Refer to the following link for details..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/e0c73cccbdd45be10000000a114084/content.htm

<i>"When the system is replacing text variables, if it finds no values or multiple values for the reference characteristic and is thus unable to determine a unique value, the technical name is output as the result: &<technical name of the text variable>&"</i>

Easy solution is to place your date characteristic in the columns right above the keyfigures.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant place the date characteristic on top of my columns because im having my last column to display the year5 and the sum of all other yrs year99.

The error Im getting says that the variable its not valid, Im displying it in web