cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Unit of WEIGHT in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have shared materials across UK and US. Materials are set up with a weight in KG (Please don't confuse this with Unit of Measure, I know we can have alterntatives of these).

With materials set up with a weight in KGs in Basic Data 1, then the weight in the sales order, delivery etc also shows in KGs, irrespective of what Unit of measure we use, e.g. we can place the order in KGs, PC, Drums or even LBs... but the weight is always KGs.

It seems strange we cannot have some sort of SOrg setting to say to work in Lbs or something similar.

Does anyone have any suggestions which might help?

Thanks

Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use the sales unit of measure field in the material master. It is there in the basic data 1 tab.

This can be different with the UOM of the material

So, when u create a sales order,system picks the sales unit of measure.

Regards

Sreekar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI .. Thanks for responding so quickly .. the field you refer to change the default ordering unit .. e.g. 10 Drums, or 10KG, 10Lbs etc. But I don't think it changes the base unit of weight from my tests.

:o(

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have a similar requirement. The materials weight units are maintained in LB's. But when generate outbound documents, i would like to send weight unit KG for some customers. Where can i maintain this condition?

Thanks,

Kumar.