Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between BADI:

BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI and

BBP_DOC_Change_BADI.

My requirement: After the contact has been changed (saved) I want to update a custom table with inofrmation regarding the changes. If is made at header level or item level? If the contact changes have been done thru tcode bbp_ctr_main (single contract process) or tcode bbp_ctr_mass (mass contract change)?

Thanks,

AP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

can BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will be called before the document is saved in the database via COMMIT???

or

can BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI will be called if we require any changes????

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI : This badi is called when you post/order/publish/create any purchasing document in EBP. It is primarily used to add checks when this doc are posted to the database.

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI : This BADI is used for <b><u>changing</u></b> the data contained in any purchasing document.

I would suggest to use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to meet your requirement.

Regards

Bhagyashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is badi BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI called after the document is posted??

I think for checks we have badi BBP_DOC_check_BADI.

Please advice.

Thanks,

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Job Bhagyashree !!

Sundeep

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI will be called before the document is saved in the database via COMMIT. Once the commit is saved everything will be saved in the same LUW including any external database transaction you may have made in your own BADI coding. The reason is if something failed, the rollback should be for the complete LUW.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...I have one more query

can BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will be called before the document is saved in the database via COMMIT???

or

can BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI will be called if we require any changes????

Thanks