cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD upgrade.....Suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are trying to upgrade our XI production system and for that we will have a downtime of about 20hrs. A few other systems are also using the SLD of the XI server. Our test and dev systems are upgraded to sp10 and we are trying to upgrade the production system to sp10 (which is currently at sp4). Can anyone suggest a best way in which we can use the existing SLD without disturbing the systems which are using it during the downtime.

Thanks,

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear srinivas,

for my understanding it will not possible to use SLD at all when you apply SP10. The main time is taken for

patchingg the j2ee-server of XI. And this is a downtime

you can not prevent. While patching the j2ee-Server of

XI SLD will not work and not accessible for other system.

Hm.. this is a good question how to keep other system

working with SLD while this is not alive.

best regards,

Ly-Na Phu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I have looked at the guide. It says how to import...export SLD content. But I need an idea on how to use the existing SLD while the system is down.

Thanks,

Regards,

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I think the only solution to your problem is to install (or use) the SLD from a standalone High available system.

Saying separate the SLD from the XI environment.

But however this system has to be patched once in a while too, but not for 20 hours....

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could anyone clarify ...if what i came up with would be right ?

our prod system (xi 3.0) is at level sp4 and we are trying it to upgrade it to sp9. The dev and test systems have been upgraded to sp9. Can we export our SLD content in prod system to our dev or test system (which have different sp levels compared to our prod system) and then later reimport it back to prod system after it has been patched to the required patch level. Share your thoughts?

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD holds information of other servers. it's a part of J2EE engine. if you trying to use dev SLD while PRD is down, you'll have to reconnect all your system to DEV. that also goes for all information in int. builder. as well as RFC connections, & etc... once you are done, you repeat the process on prd. hmmm... I rather be safe and let it stay down for 20 hrs. just my 2 cents.

Answers (0)