cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send External Mail from SAP using Exchange 2000

0 Kudos

Hi Basis experts,

I'm trying to send a mail from R/3. I configured the sapconnect and all the necessary things, but i'm experiencing some problem: i'm not able to send external mail to my own domain.

SMTP is configured to contact my mail server (exchange 2000). I configured everything as Note 455140 explain .

If i send to tania@mydomain.com it works fine; when I try to send to tania@externaldomain the trace report (SOST transaction) show this message:

Status txt No delivery to , as recipient unknown

Info from of the node used 550.5.7.1 Unable to relay for tania@externalmail Message Number 802.

Does Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance for the help!

Tania Rosas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your Exchange administrator. There are settings in Exchange that will permit the relay to the external address. By default, relay to external sites is usually disabled. They can usually permit the relay by hostname.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi basis,

The problem was in the exchange server.

Tkns a lot!!

Tania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tania,

Did you configure the supported address types for the SMTP node ?

In SCOT, when you double-click on the SMTP node, you get the "General node data" popup screen.

when you click on the "Set" button near the Internet address type, you need to define the authorized addresses.

Do you have tania@externaldomain or *@externaldomain here ? If note, you shoud add it.

Regards,

Olivier