Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

GoodEvening to all,

I need one clarification regarding the testing,

in sap ,the coding part or otherelse ,Who'll do the testing, sap consultants or tisting professionals as like other softwares.

Reagards,

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sruthi,

Till date the testing is done by the functional consultant itself, now adays there is new trend of creating separate team of testing team for the purpose of testing itself, Now this team will be testing all the project that are completed the implementation.

now adays client are awarding the testing itself to different companies, it is also a type of audit and new avenue of business

hope i answered your question, pl reward points

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Regarding the Coding the Abaper will do the Coding from Technical End.then from the Funcitonal end the Fucntional Consultant has to do the testing.

In SAP, Testing Related things will be tested from respective Functional Consultants only.

Because the Client will give requirement to Funtional Consultant only for which we have to Write Funtional Spec to the Technical Person in which we have to tell him what needs to be done and as per the the Technical Person will do the development and the Functional Consultant has to test the scenario.

Hope this Clarifies Your Doubts and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Testing is mostly done by Functional Consultants and Testing Consultants. For Unit and Process Testing, functional consultants.

For End to End performance testing, Testing Consultants are generally involved.

Let me know if you have any specific ques.

Ramesh

PS - Pl reward points if u find it useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually for the Best testing practices a Developer will never do the testing and its usually done by the Functional consultants to check the complete cycle.

A General practice would be where there would be an Independent Testing team who would prepare the Test cases and check for all the dependencies , senarios , and logic.

SAP has recently acquired a SAP Accelerator to do the testing in a more efficient way.

Hope this clears your Doubt

Cheers