Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the code (Program) where value in BSEG-zuonr is determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I run transaction VF04. This is also creating new Account documents in BSEG for each Invoice created. And different Account documents come out with different values (either doc. nbr or a date). I have problems tracing the process to find where the field ZUONR is set and what conditions that determine the value in this field.

I am aware of that there is an IMG point (OB16 - focusing on a 'sort key') that can be involved here.

Could anybody tell me what ABAP program that set this information in this process? Can it be a User Exit?

I have notice so far that some Function Modules are run 'IN UPDATE TASK'. I.e. they will be executed after the commit and I need to switch the debug to 'update' mode after the commit to debug the process. Is this process creating a new Account document in BSEG including setting of the assignment number handeled out from such at FM in VF04? If so, which FM could that be?

Plainly spoken, I need to set a brakpoint in the code where this field (ZUONR) is initialized with the determined value that - after the process is completed - shows up in the BSEG table record (using SE16). But I don't find the code.

Could anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try setting a Watchpoint on entering debugging mode, monitoring changes to BSEG-ZUONR.

Regards.

Please reward points if helpful.

2 REPLIES 2

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try setting a Watchpoint on entering debugging mode, monitoring changes to BSEG-ZUONR.

Regards.

Please reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Field ZUONR is assignment - in the billing process it is filled with the assignment field from the sales order header accounting tab (this may depend on customizing settings) If the Sales Order field is blank, then the billing document number is placed in the field instead. This value is then copied from the billing document to the FI accounting document.

Documents posted directly in the FI module have the document posting date placed in this field by default.

The setting of the field probably occurs in a number of different places in code depending on how billing is run. You could try using the "where used" function on the ZUONR field in table VBRK - the billink header or VBAK - the sales header.

Andrew