cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing email address under Forum > My Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I successfully changed my email address on my business card but for some reason, the system will not let me edit my email address under Forum > My Questions for the purpose of receiving email notification of replies to post. Any ideas? Thx in advance,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

you just need to edit your email address under "My Profile" -> "Update Profile". The forums and the portal share the same user store, so your email changes are also valid for the forums. You cannot change any user information through the forum control panel.

If the changes don't work in the forums immediately, it's probably because of some cache.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I clear my cache under Internet Options > Delete Files > Delete Temp. Internet Files and Offline Content. Closed and reopened the IE browser and I still get a different email address under the Watch Message > Edit Profile vs. My Profile > Business Card. They are different. Any other ideas?

Jim

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

actually I meant the server-side forum and/or user management cache

I cleared the user cache now, perhaps the changes are already there, otherwise I have to ask you to wait for some hours until your changes are "synchronized".

Thanks & regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Yes, I understand.

It is working now. Thank you for resolving this.

Jim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to assign points.