Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP/SAPScript Blank Page Printing after each print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have written an ABAP program that utilizes a sap script for its output.

It is being printed on a EPSON DFX-9000. It is a tractor feed so the pages are continuous and it senses the perforation for the page separations.

The result is 3 single 1 page outputs in the printing spool/output requests, which is the correct result. After each print, a blank page is fed through the printer.

I have tried to change the paper size within sap to different sizes, I have moved all of the sapscript windows into the middle of the page to make sure nothing was running over.

There are no new-page calls used anywhere with the sapscript. It is not pushing the main window to the next page. The print function is called only the 3 times, which is correct. And the printing spools show 1 page for each of the 3 prints, but 2 pages come out.

When I try to print this to a laser printer, the issue is not there and it does not print blank pages.

I am trying to either figure out if this is a coding issue on my end, and if so what are some possible steps to correct this, or if it is an issue with the printer itself.

I also have tried to print to another Epson 9000, but it produces the same issue. This does not rule out a printing issue, as both printers are new and have / had the same configuration.

Thank you very much for your time/assistance.

Kevin

1 REPLY 1

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Obviously the printer "senses the perforation" incorrectly. Actually I'm curious how does it "sense" exactly? Is this some kind of advanced feature on Epson printers?

Because for our impact/matrix printers we have to maintain page size in the Printer Control sequence (it's part of the paper layout setup in SPAD), they don't "sense" anything by themselves...