Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparing dates in query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im am using a query on AR.

I would like to exclude lines for which posting date of the FI document is equal to the clearing date of the FI document. The two caracteristics are available, but I dont know how to use them ?

thanks

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ja,

I reccomend you to find a certain characteristics value when those two is same. And then try to filter it in query definition. For example, when those two is same document type might be 'XXX' or another field might be a certain value.

Sarhan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create formula variable with processing type Replacement path for each date and you can use those variable to make a comparison in your report using formula. When creating the variable use Key and also the type should be date.

Let me know if you still need anything on this.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wond,

Thanks for the reply.

So from a query on a given cube a need to read again the cube with the replacement paths ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do that in the query level at runtime.

1.Create a new Calculated key figure, in the window to create calculated key figure, you will see formula variables.

2.Create a new formula variable, select your object (the date you want to create on)

3. Specify at a key and processing type as replacement path

4. then you have done one and keep it as calculated key figure and do the same for the second date.

5. Now you can create formula on both calculated key figures.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

One last thing, I would like to not display a line when the two dates are equal but only for a specific document type.

how can I ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I think this works !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey when your substract one from the other if they are equal, then the result will be zero. you can use a condition on that not to display.

thanks.

Wond