Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO - Sum of quantities .. larger than total quantity

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does anybody know what this error means: <b>Sum of quantities >...< larger than total quantity</b>

We get this error when we use the function BAPI_PO_CHANGE (updating a purchase order).

Kind regards,

Lieselot

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a total qty field. This value is less that the qty values of the items or something like that.

0 Kudos

Could you explain this a little more please?

0 Kudos

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Header you need to give the total quantity and in the Line itesm you need to pass the line item quantity, so the total of this line item quantities should be equal to the Header quantity, but in your case these 2 are not matching

Regards

Sudheer

0 Kudos

I do not think that this is the problem because our header does not contain any quantity.

And we only get this kind of error when we try to update the purchase order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a long text with the error?

What is the message number and ID?

Rob

0 Kudos

long text: Sum of quantities> 200< larger than total quantity

ID: 06

NUM: 411

0 Kudos

Check the long text. You may have to fill in the amount in the header.

Rpb

0 Kudos

The PO header is a structure of type BAPIMEPOHEADER

Where is the amount in this structure?

0 Kudos

OK - I guess it's not the header. Are you passing the table BAPIMEPOACCOUNT?

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes.

0 Kudos

Try passing the quantity there as well.

Rob

0 Kudos

Quantity is always filled in in the BAPIMEPOACCOUNT and also in BAPIMEPOITEM

0 Kudos

So are the quantities the same in both?

Rob

0 Kudos

Quantities are the same.

0 Kudos

I ask again - have you checked the long text:

NA 06411

Text

Sum of quantities >&< larger than total quantity

Diagnosis

The total quantity you have distributed among the account assignment items exceeds the quantity of this material requested.

Procedure

To correct the total quantity you can:

1. Reduce the quantities in the account assignment items

2. Delete superfluous account assignment items by setting the deletion indicator in each case

Rob

0 Kudos

A little more explanation would be helpful 🐵

The error only happens when we try to update a purchase order. The only fields that we are trying to update are the Net Price and the Price Unit.

But I think the error is caused because we already have goods receipt AND invoice receipt on this purchase order line.

Could this be the reason?

And how can we solve it?

Do we just need to cancel/reverse the invoice?

0 Kudos

This issue is still open!

Anyone who can help us?

0 Kudos

???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as per experience using SRM 4.0 EBP classic scenario, the said error happens when the cost distribution was splitted to 99 or more cost centers. As per investigation before, this is a SAP standard limitation when creating a PR or PO. Solution to this is to reduce the # of cost distribution lines/items.

matthew_clark
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have actually been dealing with this same error in our system. In my case this error triggers when I attempt to change a PO via a PO-CV that has an existing item that does not have an ACC_NO = 0001.

In this example you have provided does the PO have an existing line that does not have an ACC_NO =0001?

-Matt