Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabs smartstyles smartform

john_fitzgerald
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how tabs work in smartstyles and smartforms

Example if I have to print 4 fields at regular intervals in a text element.

Window of length 10. All have to be aligned with decimal place.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

john_fitzgerald
Participant
0 Kudos

answered.. many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that this thread is already closed, but maybe you can give me a hand in this matter. I am having the same problem but I am recently getting involved in this smartform thing so I couldn't understand the whole solution: I have to write the footer with some special layout. I cannot show this in this text box, but I will do my best. I have to do something like this (each \ t means that the following text should be written in the next tab. Each \ n means the end of the line):

Address \ t Telephone \ t Mail \ n

35th First Av. \ t Home: XXX - XXX XXXX \ t username(at)domain.com \ n

Santiago \ t Mobile: YYY - YYY YYYY \ n

Chile \ n

This data is filled dinamically depending on some input data. But for now we can just hard-coded it.

To achieve this I created a new Paragraph in the SmartStyles Tcode. Then I set the Alignment as Left-aligned (Indents and Spacing tab). Then I click on Tabs tab and I set the 3 first elements as: Position 10 - Unit CM - Alignment Left-aligned.

The thing is now I don't know how to used this in the footer. Where should I write this data I showed you before in the footer with the layout I set.

Can you help me with that?

In advance, thanks a lot.

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If tabs spaces are defined in paragraph format and paragraph format is called on line items uses tab in keyboard to set tabs in Smartforms for that particular paragraph.

Close the thread if your question is answered.

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi john,

for decimal field use Paragraph format as right aligned...an in tab just define the spacing between two fields...

when u define the first tab..it means spacing between first 2 fields and 2nd tab means spacing 2nd and 3rd field and soon...

hope this may help u..

please reward incase usefull..

regards,

prashant