cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Item deletable after approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an issue regarding Shopping Carts: When a Shopping Cart is approved, gives a Purchase Order which is sent to Vendor, Requester can still delete Item of Shopping Cart, which has effect to delete Item in Purchase Order. I opened a message for SAP but they tell me this is the standard behavior which is for me a non sense!

I would like to know if you already met the fact that Shopping Cart Item being deletable after approval and if you corrected it, how?

Thanks,

Patrick

PS: I am working on SRM 5.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is a standard behaviour.

The business case is a user who made a mistake and do not have access to PO due to lack of authorization.

He should be able to delete his SC which trigger a delete status at PO item level.

Then , if system is well configured, an update output is triggered to communicate to the vendor taht the line item has been deleted.

If you do not want this behaviour, just modify the roel authorization in PFCG transaction.

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yann,

Is this standard behavior in SRM 5.0? We do not have the same issue in SRM 4.0. The user is able to delete the line item on SRM only if a purchase requisition has been created in the backend. Once a PO is created, the line item can no longer be deleted. I do not believe we made any modifications to the role for this purpose. Our users have the ability to delete line items on PO's in the backend system only.

Monique

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Yes it is also standard in SRM50.

The trash icon at line item is by default activated even if PO is already created.

You can forbid this only by configuring the role in PFCG.

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The trash can is visible and the user is able to click on it. But, they will then get the following message if they try to delete the line:

PO created. No longer possible to delete item.

I'm not exactly sure what I may have done to generate this message. I would hope this is still possible beyond SRM 4.0.

Monique

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

I have tested it again and user can delete SC line item even if PO is already created.

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by:

Yann Bouillut

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. Another item I am going to have to watch out for when we decide to upgrade as we would not want the user to delete a line item on the shopping cart side if a PO has been created. That should really be done on the backend.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann and thanks for your answer,

What does not seem logical to me is that if user does not have authorization to modify PO, he should not have the possibility to do that at all, as if he uses Shopping Cart.

Do you know authorization which allows to not use this behavior?

Thanks,

Patrick

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to go to PFCG for the appropriate single role used by the user.

Process Shopping Cart

and remove activaty 06 (Delete) and this will stop users being able to delete shopping carts.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is that if do this, users won't be able anymore to delete any Shopping Cart (held for example).

Best regards,

Patrick