Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different authority checks for implict and explict enhancement development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to divide the rights to develop explicit enhancement and implicit enhancement. The target is to get 2 roles. The first with the right to develop explicit enhancement. The second with with the right to develop implicit enhancement.

Until now, I haven`t found any information to this topic.

Best Regards

Wieland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to transaction ST01 you can turn on tracing for Authority checks.

So if you turn it on, create an implict enhancement, turn off and look at result you will see what checks it made.

Do the same for explicit enhancement.

This may show some difference in what is being checked.

If not, you could look at st05 trace for each and see if there is any difference to the code executed, and perhaps add an enhancement to the enhancement code to check a custom authorisation.

I suspect there is some difference - if you try to enhance some basic SAP code you get an error saying implicit enhancement of central basis components is not allowed (eg function RSPO_LOCAL_PRINT).

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

I dont think there can be such a differentiation as both are done in enhancement mode and in both cases one is actually creating an enhancement object.

So to my belief the possibility of such differentiation is rare.

Hope this clarifies the issue to some extent.

regards,

Vikas

<b>Encourage by rewarding points if useful.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to transaction ST01 you can turn on tracing for Authority checks.

So if you turn it on, create an implict enhancement, turn off and look at result you will see what checks it made.

Do the same for explicit enhancement.

This may show some difference in what is being checked.

If not, you could look at st05 trace for each and see if there is any difference to the code executed, and perhaps add an enhancement to the enhancement code to check a custom authorisation.

I suspect there is some difference - if you try to enhance some basic SAP code you get an error saying implicit enhancement of central basis components is not allowed (eg function RSPO_LOCAL_PRINT).

Andrew

0 Kudos

Hello,

there is no different in the system trace. At least I can`t see one...

Regards

U. Wieland

0 Kudos

Another approach you might try is to see what each type puts into a transport request - is there any difference?

I see the following object types defined:

R3TR ENHC

R3TR ENHO

R3TR ENHS

R3TR ENSC

There may be others.

If so, an exit / mod at the point that SAP trys to link to the transport request may give what you want.

Andrew