cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physical inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

How can I deactive the physical inventory document. Some documents appear active. When I try to add some material into a physical inventory document, there occurs an error message; this material already used in another document.when I checked, I saw that some documents of the last counting stil active.I thought that If I count all materials in a inventory document,then the document automatically will be deactiveted. Am I wrong on this thought???

Pls help me quickly...

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If some of the PI documents are active ,only enetering the count will not solve ,the difference need to be posted within the allowed posting period .Than only system will allow to do another count. Also if posting block is activated in this process than you need to post the difference after which posting block will be removed.

Dhruba

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not beleive that in IM there is an 'activation' step. You either have a doc or you do not. If you want to delete a count doc prior to the complete count being entered then it is MI02

I hope that this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the differences from MI20..but there is no difference..I dont want to delete those PI's..may not be legal..

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If no difference is found it implies no inventory count has been entered against these documents .Either the entire process of entering count and posting the difference is to be carried out or the documents are to be deleted to remove the posting block created .I do not see any other option.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but I am not using LI* transactions..I use MI* transactions..I don't have enough knowledge for MM so I don't know the differences. But this is not help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you talking about WM. If you are when the count is complete you have to clear the count in WM which is LI20 this will release the bins and the count. Then you need to clear the differences in IM which is LI21 in st type 999

I hope that this helps