cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to connect Content Server to my ECC5 server but have encountered problem to create a content repository in the server. Below are the steps that I have done so far:

1) Installed the content server on the Win2003 server. The status is running when I click on the overview tab on tcode CSADMIN. The following are the info:

Version 6400 Build 190 pVersion 0046 Server Type: SAP HTTP CS and

serverpathc 1.

2) I have created a content repository using OAC0. Should I use document area DMS or DMS2 ?

3) Send a certificate to the Content Server

4) Click the CSADMIN button and click create.

Below is the error I get. Pls help

HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) "CreateTab ContentStorage, connect error SQLConnect failed, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data s

Rdgs,

Hu Ghee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using MS SQL Server?

It seems you haven't installed ODBC drivers to connect to the database.

Thats why it is giving error in saving database.

Try to check database if it is running properly.

If it is then please eloborate error and provide some log file.

Regards,

Payal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Payal

No, we are using MaxDB as provided by SAP for free. However, the error message did point to the fact that ODBC drive is not there. After we installed the driver we still have problem with the content repository. Subsequently we did the following:

1) put the paramater driver=MaxDB (refer to the next thread), and

2) fix some security issue in Microsoft Window Server 2003 (done by my other colleage which I do not have the info yet)

then only the issue is solved.

Thanks & regards,

Hu Ghee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From CSADMIN, you need to add parameter driver=MaxDB under settings before creatign any repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

We have tried you suggestion together with the other suggestions earlier but it still didnt work. However, later we found out the MS Window Server 2003 had some security setting we need to set to make it work. Will update additional step later.

Rgds,

Hu Ghee