Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second window main page

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

i am working in a smartform for sale order..i created the first page and get the things which i need in that form..my requirement is i have to create another page and i created it..but i donno how to create a mainwindow in the second page.can anyone tel me how to create a main window in the second page.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi radhu,

you can copy first page main window in second page..this will work..

but u can't create a new main window..

u will have only one main window and copies of main window...

hope this may help u...

please reward incase usefull...

regards,

prashant

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks , my requirement is my contents will vary for each and every page main window..how to make the condition for this???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi radhu,

u can place conditions texts..before displaying data...

based on conditions just display the data...

hope this may help u..

please reward incase usefull...

regards,

prashant

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

if i want to make the condition with the page number means can u give me the idea to make it???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radhu,

on which page u want to display the second page....

regards,

prashant

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi prasanth,

lemme explain my rewuirement in a clear way.i am working in a sale order smartform which i am doing from the scratch.

totally it comprises of five pages,In this in the 1,4,5 i am maintaining the standard text only and in the third and second page only i am retrieving the datas and printing.

header and footer wil be same for all the windows as u all know well.

my main window contents wil get change for each and every page!!

my question is

1. do i have to create five pages in my smartform.

2. in which crieteria i have to place my mainwondow contents.

3. how to make the main window presence in all five pages???

This is my requirement.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radhu,

no needof creating 5 pages...

now for displaying main window contents use a TABLE instead of loop..this will go on changing on every pages...

hope this may help,

regards,

prashant

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

can u explain me whether ur answer wil help me if i am using standard text in the main window???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radhu,

yes it can u can use REA_TEXt FM to display the standard text and in that table loop on that text and diplay it...

regards,

prashant

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

i hope u understood my requirement well..can u tel me the logic to build this form..let me clear my logic wid ur answer!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>You can have only one main window in a particular Smartform</b>.

Hope That Helps

Anirban M.

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for ur reply..This is the form which i am creating from the scratch..if i want to go for two pages means i can right click the first page and choose create--->page option to create a new page..but i am not getting the main window in the second page..how to get the main window in the second page???

Thanks in advance

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will <u><b>not</b></u> have a main window in 2nd Page of the Smartform you can only one main window in the whole SF, if the main window overflows then the conts will be shown with the repetation of the same page.

Hope that Helps

Anirban M.

radhushankar
Participant
0 Kudos

My requirement is, my each and every page will contain different contents..when i create a new page its giving a error like pages with out a mainwindow wil not be activated..how to go with a smartform when my page contents are different ???

Thanks in advance

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no problem in that create a new page and give that page a variable window and pass the data to pint in that window. Only thing that u have to keep in mind is that do not let the Data to over flow if u are printing it on a Variable window.

Hope That Helps

Anirban M.