Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Life cycle planning

Hi everybody,

Problem with 5.0 version Life cycle planning, seems to me that <b>Life cycle planning</b> has two parts

1) Basic settings

2) Assignment

In Basic settings it allows you to choose a <b>chracteristic</b> for assigning the weighting profile percentages and dates, (choosing reference material).

In Assignmnet we assign the chosen reference material to a <b>characteristic combination(material, plant, customer ).</b>

Now i have a problem, If I want the reference combination to be assigned to a target combination, how do we do?? here i could see reference single characteristic is assigned to a combination of characteristics.

I am not able to understand how it runs as i am not specifying Material A from Plant A should influence the forecast of Material B Plant B. where can I specify the relation between two characteristic combinations for life cycle planning.

How to execute the life cycle planning from interactive planning or even background process?

Is there any place where I can say run the forecast profile and I can see the life cycle planning in a <b>different key figure</b>?

how do i assign a <b>different key figure</b> for forecasting through life cycle planning ?

My concentration is to see the impact of life cycle planning over a combination of characteristics in a different key figure.

Please suggest me, I am not able to figure out where to start with ...

<b>Any suggestion is greatly valuable.. I appreciate your time on this post</b>.

Thanks a lot.

Sakshi

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

Although i have not worked on 5.0, but i will try answering from my 4.1 exp.

In assignment section, for the selected characteristics (in basic settings) we give only the target CVC(s). The source or reference CVC(s) are maintained in Like Profiles. So we assign the Like profile to the target characteristics combinations in the assignment screen.Although we may have to maintain multiple Like profiles along with Phase-in & phase out profiles to map a scenario.

If you want to execute Life Cycle planning (in batch or online mode) , you need to select LC Planning Active indicator on the master forecast profile screen.

The KF in which the forecast results will be saved depends on the Forecast KF which you select in Forecast Profile. So you may have to create a separate profile for this purpose in which you activate LC planning.

Thanks

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question