Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to distribution list from SAP Internal Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where in I have to send email from sap internal email (T-code:-SBWP) to the distribution list.

Can some one give me some idea on the same .

When we go to T-code: - SBWP, for unread email we right click and fwd the email to distribution list, can we achieve the same functionality by a program so that we can automate the process.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pawan.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this function module

so_new_document_att_send_api1

kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use this FM <b>SO_OBJECT_SEND</b> to send a mail to distribution list.

Reward all helpfull answers.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ,one can write an ABAP code to send the mail to a distribution list.

Please try and use the Function Module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1' and you need to pass the import and export parameters to this FM which needs to be defined and populated before you use this FM.

The first Exporting parameter is 'document_data' which will be of type 'sodocchgi1'.In order to populate this, you can use the structure of type 'sodocchgi1' and give the name, description, sensitivity and the language by referring to the data type mentioned above('sodocchgi1').

The next is the document type and you can mention any one of them from 'RAW' to anything again refering to the document type.

The next are the tables parameters and the first one is "object_content" which would be of type "solisti1" and you need to populate this one as well.This table would contain the contents of the mail.

The next Tables parameters is "receivers" which would be of type 'somlreci1' and in order to populate this,you need to use the below like code:

smtp_addr = any valid email id.

gi_recievers-receiver = smtp_addr.

gi_recievers-rec_type = 'U'.

gi_recievers-com_type = 'INT'.

APPEND gi_recievers.

once this is done, an email will be sent to the recipient which can be monitored in the T-code SCOT and SOST.It will take sometime for the mail to be sent as there is a fixed timeline after which the R/3 system pushes the mails through it to the recipients.

I guess, I have tried to answer your question.

In case of any queries,please let me know.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.

0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for the reply ...

My concern is how will i forward the same email which i can see in Tcode -sbwp in my inbox.

If you can let me know this steps it will be of gr8 help.

Regards,

Pawan.