cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catching filter value in web application designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to capture the value that user selects in the filter for that i have a web template and a information field in that and make appropriate settings to do that and got the output as desired but problem is that i want to display 'ALL' is user input's nothing in the filter. for e.g

var_customer a variable to take customer id as input, if user entere's 1001 then i am able to display that value in my template but if he doesn't enter any value then i need to display 'ALL'.

Any guidence to acheive this .....

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipika,

Well, what exactly you mean by 'ALL". Your succeeding posts are a bit confusing. If the user doesn't enter anything in the input screen, then it should display all the values. By no way it can stop without showing all the values. If what I understood is wrong pls detail me properly.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat My 'ALL' means that i have created a web template in that template im displaying the filter values whatever user selects.

Say for an e.g if i have contract no. in my selection screen then if user selects 1001, in my template i will display this information with the help of 'information field' web item as

'Contract no. 1001 '

but if user doesnot enters any contract no. all data will apear that has to be and in that case my header should represent

'Contract no. ALL'

.......i hope its clear now. Is there any solution to achieve this i mean to enforce this 'ALL' .

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be well managed at query level. You must be using a user input variable. When this variable is blank the query will generally display all the values as you said. Just chekc if there is any exit associate with that variable or any further filtering at column and row levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no there is no exit for this variable...when we execute the report user simply enters the No. and output comes according to that, how can i display blank as 'ALL' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there aby idea that i can use javascript in this. That is i can check wether my information field is having value or not if not then i will set it to 'ALL'.

Can anyone please provide a little guide for above scenario using javascript.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help please..can anybody please tell me how to refer to a information field in javascript...

for e.g if my information field item name is 'TEXT_ELE_1', then how can i access it and its value to compare against blank....

Its urgent.