cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script needed at OS level to Convert XML to FlatFile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one providde me Script to Convert XML to FlatFile at OS Level(Windows Based script).I'd thankful for your suggestions..

Thanks

Pullarao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

You can execute a Unix script running in the XI server from the File communication channel. Ie. if you want to do something which was not part of XI adapter configuation , then you can make use of external unix script and you can execute those from the XI.

For this, write a unix script and place in the XI OS level provided that path is accessible from PI Channel.

E.g

So u can use this in either Sender Channel to modify the data before it reaches into the Integration Server or in Receiver channel it is generally used to transfer the files into different location via Secure FTP

SAP help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Blog:/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

XI can be in any OS.

Go through this again first.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

More in this blog,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Check these links

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

<b>Pls Reward if useful</b>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i dont think a script will solve this problem,do a simple FCC on sender side.

any specific reason of going with OS script for this conversion?

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenaro is to pick up XML file size of 200 mb.when i am using FCC the XI server goes through two process.One for conversion of XML to text file and another for processing Text file.We want to reduce burden on XI server to process these.So want to write OS script file.So that it convert xml file to text file and this text file picks up by xi server in one step process.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Pullarao.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pullarao,

Why do you want 2 change your xml file to text file??? a plain xml scenario won't require an FCC. Can you please elaborate your requirement?

Is it that you want to do a file transfer type scenario without IR and use XI just to move a text file from one place 2 other???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is here i want o transfer 200 mb xml file to target location as text file.I want to use file splitting concept in sender channel.But it won't work for xml file.Becuase of this first i'm trying to convert xml to text file then i'm planning to use file splitting concept.For this reason xml to text file conversion i want to use script file then next conversion i want involve XI server.

Thanks

Pullarao.