Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd : Tcode Access in a Role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

If a user has only transaction assigned without any

authorization objects and fields .Example only S_tcode object he has for a transaction. That transaction is calling a program.

> will he able to execute that transaction ? Will transaction without

> authorization object and field will work ? Please clarify me.

I assign the role to the user ... He is getting the error "you are not authorized to execute this transaction" . while checking i found he has not authorization objects and field for that tcode.. Will that be reason for it ?

Awaiting for your valuable suggestions

Regards

Sanjeev.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

For running program in SAP you have to give authorization for Tcode SE38, because at the time of running your transaction SAP will also check whether user has authorization to run that program.

Also check in SU24 about what objects are in check/maintain status. You need to add that objects also.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Prasad M. Musale

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

For running program in SAP you have to give authorization for Tcode SE38, because at the time of running your transaction SAP will also check whether user has authorization to run that program.

Also check in SU24 about what objects are in check/maintain status. You need to add that objects also.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Prasad M. Musale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anand

first of all we can not execute a T-Code with out any Auth Obj and Auth Field

see, if u assign a Auth Obj called S_Tcode to a T-Code with out any related Auth Field it throws an Error bec for every Auth Obc called S_Tcode there must be the Auth Field callde <b><b>TCD</b></b> with out this Field u cannot proceed the T-Code.

I hope u find the solution

with warm regards

prashanth.g.v

0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

For that Authorization S_tcode,the customized tranasaction was assigned as a feild.

But there is no object and feild associated

with that customized transaction

I can see that transaction only in S_TCODE object ,along with some other required tcode.

So if a Customized Transaction Exist under S_TCODE object alone....without

any Auth object and feild.And if that customized tcode is executing some program

What kind of error it throws if a user is trying to execute that transaction

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I think this is kind of Z transaction. Please check that for this transaction in SE93 which transaction/program is called. If it's calling some transaction then you need to get the auth. objects maintained in SU24 and these should be inserted in role. If it's calling some program then you need to add objects for tcode SE38 maintained in SU24.

You have wrote, you can see S_TCODE value. This is because probably in SU24 only S_TCODE is in check maintained status. After adding any tcode in role menu, it's SU24 objects which are in check maintained status, are fetched in authorizations. So here it's only fetching S_TCODE value.

I hope this will help. Please write if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Prasad M. Musale

0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

The answers to your question was given to your post on ITtoolbox. Are you still having problems with it?