Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abt selection screen parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have made a report with selection screen which has two parameters

but to run that report i have to fill that two fileds

is there any way that i can run my report without filling the two fields of my selection screen. Both the fields are used in the where condition in my inner join query.

thanx n regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to run the report without filling the two field ...use select-options rather than parameters.

SELECT-OPTIONS s_carrid FOR spfli_wa-carrid NO-DISPLAY NO-EXTENSION .

6 REPLIES 6

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you specify those fields in the where clause then it is a must that you need to give some value at selection screen level.It is a must.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to run the report without filling the two field ...use select-options rather than parameters.

SELECT-OPTIONS s_carrid FOR spfli_wa-carrid NO-DISPLAY NO-EXTENSION .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have two parameters, but dont want to fill them..May i know under what scenario u need this sort of..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the selection screen parameters are obligatory, u've to fill them otherwise

change the parameter as a select-option with the additions NO-EXTENSION and NO-INTERVAL. which makes the select-option look like a parameter and in the WHERE clause use the <b>IN</b> operator instead of <b>EQ</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not mendatory to fill these two fields unless n until u'r not making them OBLIGATROY. n offcorse u'r query will run execute perfectly but just check the query whether there'r a huge recordset selected while u'r keeping these fileds blank. otherwise u should take them as OBLIGATORY parameters.

reward if useful

S@meer

0 Kudos

thanx all

i think select-options wid no no interval and no extention wil help

thanx all for replying