Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

related to transport requests

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a program which is having a transport request 123 which was subsequently moved to

quality.

Again I had made some changes to the same program with a transport request 456 and moved it to quality.

The changes which I made in the transport request 123 are no longer needed.

Now,if I move only the transport request 456 to Production that will be enough right?

K.Kiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Sathish. R

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Sathish. R

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Usually all the transports which are moved to Quality should move to production.

Transport 456 will overrirde 123, so no harm in moving both to produciton. Otherwise 123 would b alwyz in quality & both client wont have consistency.

If you dont want to move 123, then ensure that all the objects ( include,tables etc) of 123 which are required are covered in 456.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Prashant,

You have raised a valid point which I even didn't mentioned in the query.Yes,the transport request is having REPORT SOURCE CODE and REPORT TEXTS but the request 456 is having only REPORT SOURCE CODE.

So,better I transport both the requests so that there will be no inconsistency as mentioned by you all.The sequence should be 123 and 456 right?

Thanks a ton to everybody who opined.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah you are rgt..

U can just move 456, and your purpose would be solved.

Regards,

Suruchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

It is enough, but not recommended as there will be mismatch in the TR. Better tranport 123 and 456 both to the production so that the systems are in sync.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kiran,

but we need to remove the earlier transpport request task(123) which is not needed from Transport Organizer.

Reward points if useful.

Regards.,

Chandra

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Kiran you are right. The transports need to be moved in the same order so that the new transport overrirdes the changes of old ones.

Move 123 & then 456.