cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial entry of stock (561) using MB1C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can someone help me understand how to create initial entry of stock using references.

I see there are options to create "To purchase order", "To Reservation", etc. Do they mean that we can create initial entry with reference to purchase order?

Also there is option to create with reference to Material document. What kind of Material documents can be used as reference?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All this options are for other goods receipts means without reference to purchase order.

otions are To Reservation, To Order.This order means not Purchase order i.e Production Order or Internal Order.

Initial entry are used to Upload the stock at initial stage i.e at the time of Cutover strategy,we uploading the initial stock which is present at plant at SAP system and after that only we process the normal transaction like PO, MIGO..

Regards

Sanjay L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you for the replies. Is there any document or link where I can read more about this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mui

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanku Vishal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mui,

There is no such thing as intial entry of stock balances using references. You simply use movement 561 to do the intial entry of stock balances. It just means that you can access the other options (such as GR against an Order) using MB1C. It does not mean that you can use movement 561 with any of those other options.

Hope this helps.

H Narayan

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mui Kanva,

Initial entry should be used at the time of Migrating from Legacy system to SAP System.

The other tabs are for different business scenarios....not for Initial stock entry.

Bye,

Muralidhara