cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Broadcast - Have Empty Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We try to run a precalc on workbooks and broadcast to email address. Received workbook in e-mail (as excel attachment) but workbook has no data on it (empty workbook). Anyone experienced this and how to fix it ? Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

1) When you execute the same workbook (with the same parameters...if anyy) from your local m/c....what results is it giving?....

The precalc server should send the excel attachment with the same results?

2) Are you using any variants to pass parameters...such as Fiscal year etc....

If not clear......give more details...on what specific steps you are doing?

Good luck, BB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did save query in BI 7.0 and gor same empty workbook. I checked on precalc server and we have a workbook but no data as well.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Save the workbook in Bex Analzer and try again.

vinay_bedre2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please execute the workbook BEx Analyzer & check the output.

Also make sure that you have maintained either variables/variant in the broadcast settings.

let me know whether it works or not.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that already. When execuring online I have data, however, after broadcasting to email I have an empty workbook. We tried with queries having and not having variable and still got same result.

Andt

vinay_bedre2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andt,

Which SP are you on..

Make sure that you are using BI 7.0 Prec service & not BW 3.5.

Also have a look at the note 936112, let me know in case you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your help. We are with SP10 on BI machine. We are sure we're using BI 7.0 precalc, broadcasting ... not 3.5.

Will take a look at OSS note and advise you. Thanks

vinay_bedre2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Minimum SP level to use prec service on BI 7.0 is 12, kindly update to sp12 to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Where did you get this info ? Is there any official message or OSS note regarding this issue ? Thanks

Andy

vinay_bedre2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Even we had a similar problem sometime back & we spoke to a developer of Precalculation Server. Basically we got this info from them. They pointed us towards some note(Sorry, I dont remember them). But search for some OSS messages & OSS notes. I am quite sure that you will get this information somewhere.

Kind Regards,

Vinay

Ps:- Kindly assign points if its helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently been told you need to be on SP13 (!!!!) in order to use precalculation reliably... I suspect they are actively trying to fix the various bugs, and that SP12 fixed some and created some new ones.

We are currently on SP10 and have quite a list of issues with it, both errors and ways in which it is highly inadequate. I wonder if you would like to compare notes?

Also (on a slightly different topic) have you tried 'upgrading' your 3.5 workbooks to version 7 yet? Any success? We have come across significant inadequacies, looking for anyone to compare notes with.

Best regards,

Patrick

vinay_bedre2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Yes, a lot of corrections have been shipped in SP 13 & SP 14. Search for precalculation service related notes & you can find them in heaps.

As i mentioned earlier, the note 936112 is comprehensive & helps you to fix a lot of issues just by maintaining few basic settings.

Using 7.0 Precalculation service you can precalculate both 3.5 & 7.0 workbooks.

Upgrading a 3.5 workbook to 7.0 is part of BEx Analyzer 7.0. This is very much stabalized in frontend patch 14.

If you have any specific queries, please let know.

Kind Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you able to resolve the empty workbook issue as I am facing a similar problem..Please lemme know your suggesstions..Currently I am BI 7 SP12..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP13 seems to be minimum patch to get precalculation to work at all reliably.

The only way we were able to make it work before SP13 was to have workbooks which are entirely hard-coded, i.e. NO selection variables at all.

Now, with SP13, we are able to use Single variables (variables where you can only select a single value) and Multiple Single variables. We havent yet tested for Ranges, Select Options or Hierarchies.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

PS How about allocating some points, Andy?!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy for your response..That really helped..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy..That really helped...