cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete One Row from PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am loading master data (not an ODS or a cube). One row in one of the data packages in the PSA contains bad data. I don't want to edit it; I want to delete it and then rerun that package. When I select the row in the PSA, it will allow me to edit it, but I want to delete it. The "Delete" option is grayed out. How can I get rid of this row so I can load the rest of the rows in the package?

Thank you!

Jo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge PSA can only act as a cleaning area where you can perform edits to the records. But I dont think you can delete individual records from PSA (frustrating isnt it ?).

But attempting the following is worth a try. Not sure if it works...

Go to SE16 -> RSTSODS -> datasource tech name and Objvers = A

Get the PSA table name for this record which starts with /BIC/B00. Now to go to SE16 -> PSA table tech name (/BIC/B00) obtained from above table and execute. Identify the record you want to delete, select and choose delete from the menu RECORD ENTRY.

It may work if you have authorization to do so....

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this suggestion! I will try it out, and I'll let you know if it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I found the table and found the bad record. Unforunately, I don't have the authority to delete or edit records in this table. :o(

Any other suggestions?

Is there a way, in the InfoPackage set up, to tell it that if it hits a row in error,<b> put the roww in error somewhere else but process every other row in the data package? </b> That might even be better than trying to delete it because we do a full load every day, this record is going to be loaded again, and it's not easy to fix in the source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes, you can do this...

Try error handling in the info package update tab. Click on ERROR HANDLING and choose the option 'Valid records update, reporting possible' option. Terminate after errors, you can leave it at any number you want.

This would write this error record to PSA and will update the other records to the data target. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I posted, I went and looked and found that option myself. I just reran a portion of the extract, and it put the bad record in a PSA of its own and processed the rest. Excellent!

Thank you so much for your quick response. It's also good to know about the PSA table, even though I can't update it. It's a good place to be able to look at all the records in the PSA without having to go packet-by-packet.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)