Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD01 Upload through a transaction variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am uploading the Customers by using the standard program RFBIDE00. Is there any way i can use the transaction variant created for XD01 for the upload.

Points Guaranteed!!!

Thank You,

Suresh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the past I have stayed clear of the standard program when creating customer. The multiple files used by the standard program confuse the users when they are preparing the data for upload. Also provides a good test for the configuration!!

Instead record a transaction through LSWM for the specific customer type to be loaded. Make sure all configuration has been completed prior to creating the recording, otherwise your recording may be invalidated by the addition/subtraction of screens or mandatory fields.

Kind Regards,

David Cooper

0 Kudos

I have created a transaction variant for transaction ZTEST1 for XD01. When i do the recording for XD01... I dont see the transaction variant being called..

Please suggest

Thank You!!!

Suresh

0 Kudos

Do recording for ZTEST1 then.

But it is better to Use LSMW for creating customer master.

Check if any standard SAP function module exists.

Regards,

Amit R.

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

By Transaction variant are you refering to the Account Group, or default values on the first screen?

I am probably telling you what you are already aware of, but here goes:

Transaction Variants are used to:

1) Insert default values in fields

Use features in the LSMW to populate the default values

2) Hiding and changing the ready for input status of fields

The transaction recording will include all required input status fields as well as sny others that data was put into during the recording. Any non mandatory field included in the transaction recording can be empty.

3) Hiding and changing the attributes of table control columns

Any screen actions taking during the recording will be applied when the LSMW is run. You may need to create multiple recording, if applying different formats to table controls.

4) Hiding individual menu functions

A transaction recording for LSMW only uses the functions that were recorded. Attempts during the processing of the generated BDC sessions to change the processing function will result in errors.

5) Hiding entire screens

If no data is required on the screen the transaction recording can just process through to the next screen by applying the write function code.

The above transaction variant types for transaction XD01 are generally applied via account groups. This is the very first field(RF02D-KTOKD) on the first screen(7100) displayed.

Kind Regards

David Cooper

0 Kudos

Hi..

You can Create the Recording of the Transaction ZTEST1 that u have created.

Bcoz When you run XD01 directly, it will not be aware of any Transaction Variants.

So it will not call ur Transaction variant.

So in this Scenario you will not be able to use the Standard program.

<b>Reward if Helpful</b>

0 Kudos

But when i try to create recording of XD01 it gives me the screen SAPMF02D 0100 not 7100 and the transaction variant uses screen 7100.

The requirement here is i am trying to default some values in the customer master sales area screen so that the transaction will not fail while uploading the data from the legacy systems. I thought the transaction variant with the combination of screen variants will take care of that. But i am afraid its not solving my purpose.

Please suggest or clarify, is there any other way that i can handle....

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

The LSMW recording should have the screen SAPMF02D 0310 with fields for the table knvv.

Create a single source structure which contains all the fields from the recording.

Then in field mapping and conversion rules assign the fields from the source structure to your recording. Here you can also add in default values.

From my experience the bottom line is transaction variants and screen variants are not available during data loads. Default values are either included in the input file or entered as part of the mapping in LSMW.

Kind Regards

David Cooper